Wednesday 19 December 2007

Right , A few weeks ago I, along with another player were asked if we would like to come up with some interesting ideas for rpg settings, pubs, safehouses, and the like!

well i see this as my opportunity to let loose! already have some patrons drawn up and names of pubs, plans and more and more ideas popping into my head by the minute! but i have a problem! i need somehow to be able to draw! i can use a pencil about as good as my girlfriend is at driving!! so i need ideas!! help!

2 comments:

RavenPolar said...

Simple answer is look at the previous post regarding mapping... some good mapping programs there.
Also just give the outlines to someone else and let them do all teh hard work, thats the point of working as a team, everyone plays to their strengths.

Major Tom said...

Don't bother too much about drawing. I used to spend ages mapping out everything I passably could, but then I realised that a good description concentrating on atmosphere and character goes a hell of a long way. People's imaginations, especially Role Players, are capable of a lot, and honestly I feel that too much time spent pooring over maps drags you too close to a tactical simulation. YMMV of course.